- RSS Channel Showcase 4123117
- RSS Channel Showcase 4595740
- RSS Channel Showcase 3145342
- RSS Channel Showcase 4421986
Articles on this Page
- 05/05/09--14:38: _Why I Started iLove...
- 05/19/09--08:01: _Tell us why YOU lov...
- 10/25/10--05:26: _iLoveKent.net Launc...
- 07/08/13--09:32: _Dana Neuts & iLoveK...
- 09/07/16--09:41: _Nominate iLoveKent....
- 09/25/16--07:34: _iLoveKent.net may b...
- 10/07/16--08:13: _iLoveKent Survey Re...
- 10/23/16--14:49: _Vote for iLoveKent ...
- 12/23/16--06:34: _iLoveKent Ends 2016...
- 12/26/16--08:06: _iLoveKent Plans Fir...
- 01/03/17--22:46: _iLoveKent to Host C...
- 07/24/17--09:23: _Sound Bites: Kent N...
- 08/06/17--08:08: _SOAKS: Free Family ...
- 10/01/17--12:00: _Watch iLoveKent Deb...
- 10/09/17--03:23: _Sound Bites: Kent N...
- 11/09/17--06:28: _Publisher Editorial...
- 12/17/17--15:02: _iLoveKent to Change...
- 12/17/17--15:42: _iLoveKent is growing!
- 01/15/18--10:34: _A few moments with ...
- 05/05/09--14:38: Why I Started iLoveKent.net
- 05/19/09--08:01: Tell us why YOU love Kent and you could win!
- 10/25/10--05:26: iLoveKent.net Launches Sister Site, iLoveCovington.com
- 09/07/16--09:41: Nominate iLoveKent.net for ‘Best of Western Washington’
- 09/25/16--07:34: iLoveKent.net may be changing
- 10/07/16--08:13: iLoveKent Survey Results
- 10/23/16--14:49: Vote for iLoveKent for Best of Western Washington Now!
- 12/23/16--06:34: iLoveKent Ends 2016 on a High Note: Thank You!
- 12/26/16--08:06: iLoveKent Plans First Meetup – Jan. 7
- 01/03/17--22:46: iLoveKent to Host Candidate Debates in September
- 07/24/17--09:23: Sound Bites: Kent News, July 24, 2017
- 08/06/17--08:08: SOAKS: Free Family Event at Kent Station, Aug. 17
- 10/01/17--12:00: Watch iLoveKent Debates Now
- 10/09/17--03:23: Sound Bites: Kent News, Oct. 9, 2017
- 11/09/17--06:28: Publisher Editorial: Transparency and My Dual Roles
- 12/17/17--15:02: iLoveKent to Change Ownership January 1, 2018
- 12/17/17--15:42: iLoveKent is growing!
- 01/15/18--10:34: A few moments with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I get a lot of questions about why I started iLoveKent.net and what I get out of it. Here's a little more detail for those who are dying to know why I have spare time.
Comment on a post or tell us what you love about Kent - your favorite hair stylist, manucurist, restaurant, boutique, dentist, park or anything else (family friendly please) - and you will be entered to win a $10 Kent Station gift card.
Yesterday Dana Neuts, owner/publisher of iLoveKent.net, launched iLoveCovington.com, a sister site.
Dana Neuts and iLoveKent.net win second place for Best Online Community Engagement, the site’s second in two years.
Help others discover iLoveKent.net with your nomination As most of you know, our small team operates iLoveKent.net primarily as a community service, because we believe in Kent and all it has to offer. We make a little advertising money, but don’t otherwise ask for much. Today we are. Please nominate us for ‘Best of Western […]
**Thanks to everyone who completed our survey to help us gather data on how you use iLoveKent.net. See the results here.** Sept. 25, 2016 Dear Kent friends, I want to thank you for your ongoing support of iLoveKent.net. Your personal support has helped make the site possible. Because you care about Kent the way I […]
Last week we sent out a survey to gauge how our readers use iLoveKent.net and how it impacts their day. The goal was to understand what information you get from iLoveKent, how you like to get that information, and what we could to improve the site should we decide to keep it going into 2017. […]
Deadline to Vote is Noon, Sunday, October 30 We are excited to have been nominated for the Online/Social Media category in KING 5/Evening Magazine’s annual Best of Western Washington contest. We’d love to have your vote for 2016, so we can get some recognition for the work we do for the Kent community. If you […]
Readers and Supporters Made 2016 a Success for iLoveKent Dear readers, advertisers, sponsors and supporters, 2016 was a challenging year for me both personally and professionally. Personally, I’ve been sick for the last few months. My health issues aren’t life-threatening, but they are life-changing, and I’m trying to navigate that. I’m on the mend, but […]
Join iLoveKent for Our First-Ever Meetup –EDITED 12/27/16 with new meeting info– In 2017, iLoveKent will celebrate its 10th year! It’s hard to believe we’ve been around that long, but with your help, we got through this year and our personal and professional challenges. We plan to head into the New Year with big plans […]
Evening Debates for Kent Mayoral and City Council Candidates This year iLoveKent is celebrating its 10th year, and we are continuing to grow. As we do so, we are looking for new ways to serve the Kent community. Following the August 2017 primary, iLoveKent will host two Kent candidate debates: Thursday, September 14: Kent Mayoral […]
Local News and Events for Kent, Washington We had another busy but beautiful weekend in the Pacific Northwest: Des Moines Waterland Festival, Renton River Days, Kent Farmer’s Market, and much more! I hope you and yours were able to take advantage of the great weather and all of the fun activities the Kent area has […]
Stop by the iLoveKent booth for an activity and giveaway! Kent Station is celebrating the summer and back-to-school season with its annual SOAKS (Summer’s Almost Over at Kent Station) event on Thurs., Aug. 17 from 5 to 8 PM. This is a fun, free family event with many fun activities, including vendor booths, the August […]
2017 Kent mayoral and city council candidate debates Thanks to all who participated in, attended or helped with the iLoveKent candidate debates. We held the Kent mayoral candidate debate on Sept. 21, 2017 and the Kent City Council candidate debate on Sept. 28, 2017. Both were held at the Kent Senior Center and were moderated […]
Local News and Events for Kent, Washington Good morning, everyone and Happy Monday! I hope you enjoyed the beautiful fall weekend. We’re expecting cold, rainy weather this week, so it was good to get a last dose of sunshine before the fall rain hits. I spent Saturday evening at Kent Has Talent, hosted by the […]
Yesterday I was verbally attacked on Twitter for my dual roles as the publisher of iLoveKent and for serving as a temporary communications consultant to the City of Kent. For the sake of transparency, I want to clarify those roles and explain how I have handled them thus far. First, a little history about iLoveKent. […]
South King Media to expand into Kent with acquisition Last week iLoveKent.net and South King Media, owner of six local blogs – including The B-Town and Waterland Blogs – celebrated their 10-year anniversaries with a big announcement. Effective January 1, 2018, South King Media will take over the day-to-day operations of iLoveKent.net, a Kent-based blog started by freelance writer […]
Exciting changes ahead for iLoveKent Dear readers, supporters and friends, When I started iLoveKent in September 2007, I had no idea what an impact this site would have on the community – or on me. It started on a whim to share local stories about nonprofits, local businesses and events, but it grew beyond that […]
[EDITOR’S NOTE: This column – originally published in 2008 on our sister site The B-Town Blog – is in honor of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, whose life and work we celebrate today:] “When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, militarism […]